Wednesday, May 12, 2021

Define "Lost"

  The kids and I headed to Oak Hill for a picnic this afternoon.  The plan sounded simple enough . . .


. . . until I made the mistake of letting Joy and Todd go ahead and out of site.  


When we reached Lookout Rock, they were nowhere to be seen.  Daniel and Anna looked over the edge to see if Joy had fallen down a cliff again (she hadn't).  Then they suggested that we go looking for their two lost siblings.  I may have just flunked the "don't let your group get separated" test, but at least I remembered that our best chance of finding each other was to stay at the place we agreed to meet at in the first place.


Sure enough, a few minutes later we saw Joy and Todd coming up the trail.  Joy insisted that she wasn't lost--she just didn't know where WE were.  She and Todd had gotten tired of waiting at the picnic spot, and went looking for us to make sure we hadn't taken the wrong trail.


I was just glad we were all back together again . . .


. . . especially since Joy had the backpack with all of the food. :)

(And I don't know why Anna's wearing a mask at a picnic.  Makes it kinda hard to enjoy the smoked Gouda.)

No comments: