Tuesday, May 18, 2021

That Wasn't So Bad, Was It?

Since Daniel and Joy's age group is now cleared to receive COVID vaccines, I made them appointments at the nearest pharmacy available, then we took a drive up to Lowell this morning.


They were a bit nervous, since their mother had (unwisely) mentioned that her shot really hurt.  Both kids brought a squishmallow for comfort . . .


. . . then were relieved to discover that the shot hurt much less than they expected.  Maybe their nurse was gentler than mine, or maybe the Pfizer shot just feels less like a punch in the arm than the shot I got.


The weather was nice, so Anna asked if we could go to the park.  While the younger kids played . . .


. . . Joy hung out and watched.  Her vaccine's side effects left her feeling kind of lousy, so she wasn't in the mood to play.


Meanwhile, I relished the freedom of going maskless in public now that I'm fully vaccinated.  I know the CDC says that's safe to do, but it still feels weird after a year of masking up every time I left the house.  It's like I'm breaking some sort of rule.  I'm sure I'll get used to it though.  In fact, I'm really looking forward to getting used to it.

No comments: