Friday, May 28, 2021

An Impromptu Reunion

Earlier this month, I heard that my brother was flying out west to spend Memorial Day weekend with my mom and our younger sibs.  I don't travel much, but I couldn't resist a chance to gather with my family for the first time since the COVID shutdown last year.  So I booked a flight . . .


. . . to the Land of In-N-Out (read: California) . . .


. . . and stayed at the House of Decorative Candy Dishes (read: my mom's house).  All that candy looks inviting, but she doesn't eat most of it.  In fact, Red Grandma often intentionally buys beautiful candy that tastes terrible, so no one will nibble her seasonal decorations (at least, not more than once).


Mom's always been dedicated to exercising regularly, so we went on a brisk walk this morning . . .


. . . then she compensated for that strenuous exercise by introducing me to Crumbl Cookie.  I'm not usually one to wax poetic about sugar cookies, but that pink one is positively divine.

No comments: