Saturday, December 19, 2020

Happy Trees

Ah, the joys of the Christmas season.  The lights, the music . . .

 
. . . the Eddystar in our backyard.  The kids love playing a game they made up called "Get the Eddystars," so Joy made a giant Eddystar in the snow out back.  Don't worry about Eddy the baby unicorn  squishmallow feeling chilly out there--since his nose got singed by a scented candle last month, the kids say he's now impervious to cold.


Speaking of fun holiday sights, the kids always get excited when an Amazon vehicle pulls into our driveway.  Maybe it's the anticipation of Christmas presents next week, or maybe it's just the novelty of having anyone approach our house during this pandemic.


Of course, one of the most heartwarming sights of all is a beautifully decorated Christmas tree, but for a while I worried that our tree stand would remain empty this year.  We went to the farm stand with delightful twirling Christmas trees this morning, and discovered that their trees were all sold out.  I asked a bunch of friends and called two Home Depots before I finally found . . .


. . . a few Christmas trees for sale up in Tewksbury.  We brought one of them home this evening, and Daddy helped me string the lights on so our tree looks festive and ready for ornaments.


And speaking of cheery Christmas trees, I smile every time I pass this little tree I made from my Grandma Sorenson's old costume jewelry.  I love remembering my sweet grandma, and the fun time I had creating a jewelry tree with the other Sorenson girls two years ago.


No comments: