Thursday, October 9, 2008

Joy and the Tricky Dismount

At the park recently, I noticed Joy spending a lot of time on a springy firetruck toy. Sometimes other kids would climb on the back of it to play with her, but most of the time she just sat there on her own, calmly watching the world go by. I hadn't realized that she liked the toy enough to spend half an hour on it.

After a while, I noticed she was staring in my direction a lot and stretching her hands toward me. I walked over to see what she wanted. As soon as I was within reach, she grabbed hold of me and used me for support as she climbed down from the firetruck. I guess she wasn't necessarily a huge fan of it - she just couldn't figure out how to get off.

Now that she knows how, maybe she can explain the process to Daddy.

2 comments:

holly said...

hee hee. That's funny.

Jodi Jean said...

haha! poor thing!

aidan loves those kinds of toys too ... but he's fearless and just falls off if he can't do it properly!

there's the difference between the 2 ... yours is so mild mannered ... mine would scream at me to get him off, then he would fall of and land on his head and then scream, "ta DA!"