Friday, June 30, 2023

The Patriarchs

We celebrated Father's Day earlier this month,
and lately I've found myself thinking a lot
about the good men in my life.

The Sorenson patriarchs at General Conference
(From left: my dad, my grandpa, and my Uncle Nile) 

I was blessed to have a father who loved his family, 
and set an example for us by giving 110% in whatever the Lord called him to do.
He was also one of the friendliest, most encouraging people I've ever met.


A few days ago, I ran across this note from my dad in Daniel's scriptures,
encouraging him to "seek understanding of the Atonement from their pages,
become familiar with them and they will become your friend."


I'm also grateful for the patriarch of our little family,
who works diligently to support us,
but also likes to sing with us . . .


. . . and play tennis with us.


Who rode through a rainstorm to bring Joy's new motorcycle home . . .


. . . and then taught her how to ride it.


I'm so grateful for the patriarchs our family has been blessed with,
and I hope their legacy of devotion to God and family
will continue for many generations to come.

No comments: