Friday, September 4, 2020

Our First Day Off

Many homeschool families hold class four days a week, then take one day off.  The reasoning is that students progress faster than they would in regular school because of the one-on-one attention, and leaving a day free allows for field trips and socializing.  That all sounded great to me, but now that our free day has arrived, I find I'm just grateful for a break.  Teaching my kids is both more fun and more work than I expected.


Not everyone wanted to take a day off, though.  I came downstairs this morning and found Joy listening to a math video . . .


. . . while Daniel worked on pre-algebra worksheets in another room.


Anna, on the other hand, readily embraced the whole "take a day off" idea.  While she relaxed on the couch with a nice magazine . . .


 . . . I picked up some dwarf irises from a friend (she had a dense patch that needed dividing), and planted them next to our deck.  It felt good to get outside and plant things that will bring joy to our hearts next summer.

No comments: