Friday, September 25, 2020

Friday Therapy

Back when we were doing "remote learning" through the school district in spring, I asked Phillip to take the kids on a half-day, Saturday outing once a month.  That was much easier said than done, since parks and many businesses were still closed, yet I begged him to do it anyway.  I love my kids, but it was wearing me out to keep everyone on task hour after hour, day after day, week after week.  I desperately needed a break now and then.


Recently, I noticed that I feel a lot happier and more energetic these days, and I haven't asked Phillip to plan another big outing for a few months now.  I think that's partly because I get a break from homeschooling every Friday, and I spend at least part of that day working on whatever project I want (like planting these raspberry canes that our piano teacher gave us this morning).  Friday is quickly becoming my favorite day of the week.

No comments: