Monday, July 27, 2020

Golfing with Scoundrels

In yet another act of Hendrickson geekiness . . .


. . . Joy bought some Star Wars playing cards online last week.


(After I took the first picture, she insisted I take a second one with ALL the cool people.  Why Palpatine made the cut and Luke didn't is beyond me.)


We've mainly been using the cards to play Golf (which I learned from my sister Heather at my parents' cabin years ago).  After the first few rounds, Joy started brainstorming ways to make the game more Star Warsy.  I assured her that wasn't necessary, but . . .


. . . she apparently disagreed.  Here are the new rules she came up with.  They made my head spin the first few times, but once I got used to them it was kind of fun . . .


. . . to try to match up three Jedi (or scoundrels, or Solos, or people who set foot on the second Death Star), or to turn a 10-point ace into a -3 bonus by pairing it with someone who rode in the ship on that ace card.


After a bunch of Star Wars Golf games, the kids used the cards to act out Episodes 6 and 9.  Here are Luke and Vader having a little chat about ethics while Palpatine sits on the Death Star Card Box, Han and Leia are on a mission to the Forest Napkin of Endor, and Lando and Mon Mothma (yes, she got her own card) are trying not to get blown up while Han and Leia get the card box's shield down.


Looks like the conversation didn't go well.

No comments: