Friday, July 3, 2020

Children and Youth Goals

Now that virtual learning is over, I'm trying to get our family more involved in our church's new Children and Youth goal program.  I like working on goals, and I think this program could be a good way to help our kids grow in a variety of ways, but every time I've tried to get it off the ground at our house this year, it promptly clattered back onto the runway. Now that the kids and I have lots more free time, I think we have a better chance of sticking with it.


At the beginning of (real) summer vacation a couple weeks ago, I met with each of my kids to discuss what goals they'd like to set to grow physically, intellectually, socially, and spiritually.  One of Daniel's goals is to improve his handwriting, and the three younger kids all want to memorize the Articles of Faith, so Daniel carefully writes them out on a white board, then the kids take turns erasing words and seeing if they can still recite the whole thing.  They work on one article a day, and I periodically quiz them to see if they remember articles from previous days.  The kids' other goals include controlling temper, learning to ride a bike, and being reverent at prayer time.


Apparently, Daniel also has a goal to make weird faces in front of my camera.

No comments: