Wednesday, December 13, 2017

Science and Snowballs

This morning before school started . . .


. . . Daniel helped Joy snap a bunch of circuits together to set off lights, sirens, and a few other gizmos.  Todd wanted to play with the circuit set after they left for school, but I told him he needed to wait a few years. 


Todd did get to go to the pediatrician for a check-up though (which he really enjoyed until they gave him some shots at the end).  As we were getting ready to leave for his doctor appointment, I had the thought to take some pecan snowball cookies to the doctor office staff.  They loved the cookies, and thanked me profusely.  They also said I sound like I have a European accent.  Maybe I'd sound more Californian if I said "like" more often.


Over dinner tonight, I demonstrated that if you lift a straw with your finger covering the top, the liquid won't drain out until you move your finger.  This scientific principle was so captivating that soon everyone wanted to test it out for themselves.


In other news, apples are the only fruit Anna will willingly eat . . .


. . . and Daniel would rather crouch on his chair than sit on it at meals.  He says it's more comfortable that way.  Different strokes for different folks.

No comments: