Sunday, December 10, 2017

Harley Santa and a Helpful Teddy Bear

This evening we went on a family outing . . .


. . . to the Washington DC Temple . . .


. . . to look at the visitor center's manger scene . . .


. . . and enough Christmas lights to light up Disneyland.  I was glad they kept the lights around the temple itself a simple, elegant white.


Another reason we went was to see some youth singers from our city perform a Christmas program in the visitor center's auditorium.  I didn't take any pictures during the program, but afterward I snapped a photo of the group's director (the man on the right in the brown coat) talking to someone who looked like Santa Claus in a Harley Davidson leather vest.


I guess now we know what Santa does in the off season: He volunteers at the temple visitor center.


During the performance, a toddler in the row behind us suddenly became very fussy.  I said a sympathetic prayer for her and her anxious parents, then I remembered that as luck (or Providence) would have it, I happened to have a Christmas teddy bear in my purse this evening.  I handed it back to the little girl, and she instantly quieted down.  Sometimes we're the answer to our own prayers (or someone else's).

No comments: