Monday, December 5, 2016

Nativities and Nutty Treasures

The First Presidency Christmas Devotional was this evening, and to get our family in the Christmas spirit . . .


. . . I put away our autumn decorations last night . . .


. . . and got out our Christmas ones.  Anna loved playing with our kid-friendly nativity set.  Alas, we can't seem to find our grown-up ones anywhere.  I sure hope we didn't leave them in California when we moved.


I also put up our advent Santa, with a mini ornament in each pocket  (the kids take turns putting an ornament on our little artificial tree each morning until Christmas), and we set out a Christmas puzzle for the kids to work on during the devotional.  They made some progress on it, then I was pleasantly surprised that they came over to the couch to watch the rest of the devotional with Phillip and me.


It's also a Christmas tradition for us to buy whole nuts to crack together a few evenings in December (no specific dates--just when we feel like it).  When I instructed Anna in the proper use of a nut cracker, I explained that a nut shell is like a treasure chest, and you open it to get the treasure inside.  Every time she managed to crack open an almond she yelled, "I got the treasure!"

No comments: