Friday, December 23, 2016

Christmas Break, Day 5: Kitchen Sink Cookies

Today I decided it would be fun to mix up some chocolate chip cookie dough, leave the chocolate chips out, and let each child choose what they wanted to mix into their portion of the dough.  I figured one would like Butterfinger bits, another might like crushed candy canes and chocolate candies, and another might choose sprinkles just for fun.


It didn't occur to me that Anna and Daniel would each put ALL FOUR of the mix-ins into their dough.  I called their creations "kitchen sink cookies," because that's about the only thing that didn't get mixed into them.


It also didn't occur to me that Todd would grab a spoon and start gobbling sprinkles, because you know, I think like an adult, not a three year old.


And then there was plain-cookie Joy, who preferred to keep her dough pure and unadulterated.  To each their own.

No comments: