Tuesday, December 20, 2016

Christmas Break, Day 2: Gingerbread and Kale

I was going through my old camera tonight and realized I hadn't posted pictures of some of the fun things we did during Christmas break.  So, before we move on into January . . .

The second day of Christmas break . . .


. . . we headed out back to play badminton . . .


. . . or mope that the game didn't quite work out the way someone wanted it to.  Who looks more forlorn--the moper, or the veggies that are still hanging on through a frigid winter?  The kale and green onions are soldiering on, but the chard and lettuce were munched by squirrels weeks ago.  I guess squirrels don't like kale.


Last night, we decorated gingerbread houses.  I found a little kit at the store with several different houses, so everyone could decorate their own.  I think Daniel liked the one with the flat roof because he could pile more candy on it.

No comments: