Wednesday, December 28, 2016

Mike, Shelly, and Joe

We decided to take a holiday family road trip down to Houston this week to visit the Andersons.


Mike and Phillip have been friends since college, when they used to play tennis together.  Tonight they opted for chess instead.  Phillip won.


After they finished, they talked their wives into playing a game too.  We're not nearly as good at chess as our husbands, but we played a decent game and I managed to sustain the Hendrickson winning streak.


As happy as we are to be visiting the Andersons, I confess I was also pretty excited to learn that there was a Trader Joe's near their home.  I've really missed that store since we moved to Arkansas.


Happy dance!  They still have my favorite holiday cookies (and pumpkin toaster pastries, and yummy chunky applesauce, and dreamy creamy yogurt)!  I was also pleased to find that the TJ staff in Houston are just as cheerful and friendly as they were back in South Pas.


Between the warm Houston weather and the joys of shopping at Trader Joe's, it almost felt like we were back in California . . . except for the woods across the street.

No comments: