Tuesday, December 6, 2016

Literacy Night and the Queen Bee

We attended our school's Literacy Night this evening.  As we walked to the school, Phillip asked what, exactly, Literacy Night involved.  I told him I'd asked several people and read the announcement twice, and I still wasn't really sure . . .


. . . but they were serving pizza so I figured it was something fun.


It turns out Literacy Night is a school Christmas party where they give out free books (and free pizza), and the teachers host little Christmas-themed activities for the kids (like making reindeer food--apparently reindeer eat glitter, just like Aunt Heather :).  


We also got to see the kids' wintry art projects adorning the halls.


Speaking of art, Anna's homework today was to decorate a gingerbread boy or girl.  She asked for my help creating a gingerbread princess.  I offered some suggestions and cut out the purple butterfly, and Anna handled the rest.


In other news, Joy won the fourth grade spelling bee at her school today!  Go Joy!  She and the second-place winner will go on to the county spelling bee next month.

No comments: