Saturday, May 13, 2023

New Old Chairs

Our house came with a dining table and six matching chairs.


I love having a round table on a pedestal
(it's easy to add a chair for a guest,
and everyone can reach the serving dishes on Susan),
but the chairs are kind of rickety.


Joy once suggested that it would be fun to have a bunch of mismatched chairs,
so when I saw some random wooden chairs in a thrift shop today, I decided to give her idea a shot.
I sat in all of them to see which ones were sturdiest and most comfortable,
then I brought them home and set them up in our hall so each family member could choose one.


Joy thinks our new setup is really awesome.
I think it's pleasantly eccentric.

And in case you're wondering,
the dark brown chair in the corner is our "Frank Chair,"
that we pull up to the table when our friend Frank drops in to visit.
It's rather old and beat up, 
so maybe I'll get Frank a new old chair too.

No comments: