Saturday, February 11, 2023

Mario Life and Paper Candy

We celebrated Daniel's 14th birthday last night!


Joy's flaming daisy candle was such a hit
that I decided to try another quirky candle for Daniel: sprinkle cannons!!!
Alas, the sprinkle "blast" was so weak that we barely noticed it,
and the sprinkles tasted like burnt plastic.
Sometimes you win, and sometimes you learn.


Daniel said he didn't want any candy for his birthday,
but I thought of one kind he might like.
My birthday card to him asked, 
"Are you sure . . ."


". . . that you don't want candy for your birthday?"


He doesn't look very sure to me.


One thing Daniel was certain about was that he wanted The Game of Life.
I felt torn, because I wanted to buy him the gift he requested, 
but I personally detest that board game.
Fortunately, Daddy suggested a brilliant compromise:

Happy birthday, Daniel!
I love your creative games, your love of music,
and your deep desire to live with integrity.

No comments: