Saturday, February 4, 2023

Birthday Gift Hacks

My name is Kimberly, and I am gift challenged.
I like giving gifts to people,
but I have a hard time thinking of things they might like to receive,
especially if the person is a child I barely know
who invited one of my offspring to their birthday party.
My kids rarely know what to get their friends, and I don't either.


The good news is that I've finally found a solution to that problem: dollar bill origami.
Money is the ultimate practical gift, 
and folding it in a cool shape makes it fun and personal too.
I ask each birthday friend's mom what their child is interested in, and what their favorite treat is,
then YouTube helps me fold $5 bills into shapes the friends might enjoy.


Daniel likes the treat part of that plan, 
but he prefers to decorate the box himself.
Fine by me.

No comments: