Monday, April 12, 2021

Our Vaccine Spot

 My goal for today was to make a vaccine appointment, or figure out how to get one in the near future.  I spent an hour or two poking around vaccinespotter.org and making lots of phone calls, only to find that one place after another was booked solid.


I unexpectedly struck gold when I called this little pharmacy in Newton, MA.  It was a 45-minute drive from home, but they had several openings for this afternoon.  I booked an appointment to get the Johnson and Johnson single-shot vaccine, then called Phillip so he could make an appointment too. 


As the pharmacist swabbed my arm, she asked if I was ready for my shot.  I told her I'd been ready for a year.  She chuckled, then jabbed me with the needle.  OUCH!!!  Glad I only have to do that once!  Now Phillip and I both feel like we have a mild case of the flu, but I'm glad we're a step closer to immunity, and that we're doing our part to end this pandemic.  Take that, COVID!

No comments: