Saturday, April 10, 2021

Kids of Waterdeep

Since the kids often have trouble finding Sabbath-appropriate things to do on Sunday afternoons, they recently suggested that we buy "Lords of Waterdeep"--a board game that they really enjoyed playing at our friends' house last month.  We've gotten kind of tired of Catan, and thought it would be nice to find another game for our family to play together.


The new game arrived Monday evening, and the kids been playing it every chance they get this week.


Daniel has even played against himself once or twice, 'cuz that's how Daniel rolls.


I found the game kind of intimidating at first, because there are so many different things you can do on each turn.  Joy, Daniel, and Anna talked me into playing with them though, and I got the hang of it after the first round or two.  It's really engaging, and I like the fact that so many elements are different each time you play.  I suspect the kids will burn themselves out on Waterdeep if they keep playing it every day, but it's fun and interesting enough that I think they'll come back to it again before long.

No comments: