Thursday, April 1, 2021

Lamb and Talents

April has finally arrived!


Crocus flowers are blooming in the berry patch . . .


. . . our Easter decorations are up . . .


. . . and our Holy Week celebration is in full swing.  We acted out the Parable of the Talents on Teaching Tuesday (the kids and I rehearsed it twice before performing it for Daddy after dinner) . . .


. . . and I served our semi-authentic Passover feast this evening.  I'm still ironing out a wrinkle here and there (we all agreed that I should leave out the turnip next time), but the kids love the fact that I make a feast with multiple dishes that we only eat once a year.  It's like Thanksgiving, but with braised lamb, spiced apple salad . . .


. . . and macaroons for dessert.  Pineapple is kosher for Passover too!  Yum!  Maybe we'll branch out next year and try making matzo brittle. :)

No comments: