Thursday, April 8, 2021

A Car Wash and a New Mower

I was all set to start ELA this morning when Daddy asked who wanted to help him wash the cars.  As all the kids hustled outside, I weighed my options: should I be a stickler about having four lessons a week, or foster Daddy-child bonding, reinforce the value of work, and get my grimy van cleaned?


Sorry, homeschooling.  Bonding, character building, and grimy van scrubbing won out today.  See you on Monday.


With school cancelled for the rest of the day, Anna and Todd decided to work on their biking skills.  When I asked why they were walking instead of riding, Anna explained that she's helping Todd get the hang of balance-waddling . . .


. . . which is much easier to do when you're going downhill.


In other news, we bought a new mower, which arrived today.  We could barely start the old, used mower we bought two years ago, and it was definitely time for a replacement.  Although, in retrospect, maybe we should have followed my sister's suggestion and just bought a pair of pygmy goats to mow our lawn.  The goats would have been cheaper, more environmentally friendly, and a whole lot cuter.  Maybe next time.

No comments: