Thursday, January 21, 2021

The Year We Stayed Home

It recently occurred to me that, aside from the occasional trip to in-person church, our kids haven't left the house much in the last few months.  At first that concerned me.  Then I realized that their days probably hold more variety and fun now than they did before the pandemic started.  When we're not homeschooling, they keep plenty busy . . .


. . . playing imaginative games with squishmallows . . .


. . . and pool noodles.


They read together . . .


. . . pray together . . .


. . . or start up a game of Checker Flick . . .


. . . or Carpet Boom (don't step off the rug or else you'll explode!).

I can't wait for this pandemic to be over . . . 

(Our commemorative 2020 ornament.)

. . . but I suspect that my kids will look back on 2020 as the best year of their childhood.

No comments: