Saturday, January 30, 2021

Shear Madness

 We're in the middle of a COVID surge, and I didn't feel comfortable going to a salon . . .


. . . but I've also been getting really tired of my overgrown hairstyle.  So I watched a YouTube video (and then another YouTube video about what NOT to do in the first video), then I grabbed some sharp scissors . . .


. . . and did something rather rash this morning.


The first draft doesn't look too bad, does it?  Actually, don't answer that.  Let me go even things up.


That's . . . a little better.  Now let me go add some layers.  I've been watching trained professionals do it for years, so it should be easy, right?  Don't answer that either.


Surprisingly, my clumsy efforts to add layers to my own hair while watching my reflection in a mirror worked out OK.  In fact . . .


. . . I'm astounded that my first attempt to cut my own hair turned out this well.  Will I trim my own hair again the next time it grows out?  Probably not, because a trained stylist can do it ten times faster, but I still think it's pretty darn cool that I gave myself a decent haircut the very first time I tried.  Add that to the list of unexpectedly awesome experiences I never would have considered trying if it weren't for this pandemic.

No comments: