Wednesday, November 11, 2020

My Favorite Veteran

As I drove through our town common this week, I noticed . . .


. . . several American flags and the flag of each branch of our military, waving proudly to celebrate Veterans' Day.  That holiday always makes me think of my favorite veteran:


Grandpa Nile Sorenson, who served in the Marines during World War II, and later served for many years as an officer in the Air Force.  I love that this picture of him in uniform also shows the Idaho Falls Temple in the background.  It's so fitting, because Grandpa was very devoted to both God and his country.


In this photo of Grandpa in his dress uniform, he looks sharp and everything is in order, but you can also see his signature kindness and optimism in his face.  I like the little inscription in the corner of the photo: "Love, Nile."  I love you too, Grandpa. :)

No comments: