Monday, May 4, 2020

May the Crunches Be with You

When I went upstairs to exercise on the elliptical machine this morning . . .


. . . I found that somebody else had beaten me to it.  So I tried again a little later . . .


. . . and discovered that the machine was free, but someone had decorated the pool table with dozens of orange ping pong balls.  Do I even want to ask?


Speaking of exercise, this may look like a typical Uno game, but it's actually Daniel and Anna's P.E. assignment for the week.  The card you set down . . .


. . . determines what exercise the next player has to do, and how many reps.  You might have to do seven crunches, four frog jumps, or (Heaven help you) nine burpees.


After they finished one grueling game this morning, they started over again just for fun.  Seriously?  What kid volunteers to do extra crunches and burpees?  While they're on this health kick, should I cook some liver and Brussels sprouts for lunch?


In any case, I'm glad the Force is strong with them.  Happy May the Fourth!

No comments: