Tuesday, May 12, 2020

A Livestock Walk

Lately I've been feeling like we do the same activities day after day, so I decided to mix things up this afternoon.


We drove to a street whose residents keep a lot of livestock, and the kids had fun checking out a bunch of goats, ducks, and geese.  The animals checked us out too, possibly because they thought we had brought them something to eat.  Sorry guys--I don't know what goats eat.  Maybe I should Google that before we come back next time.


It was kind of chilly out, but Todd insisted that he didn't need a coat.  Of course, thirty seconds after he got out of the van, he started feeling cold.  His kind big sister shared her coat with him, and I'm not sure which looked stranger: the sight of Todd in an oversized coat, or the sight of Joy without the coat she wears nearly every minute that she's awake.


Up the road from the goats, we paid a visit to a couple of horses.  I had cut up some apples for the kids to feed them, so the horses came right over to us.


It was a win for everybody.  The horses got a treat, and we got to pet them. :)

No comments: