Sunday, May 24, 2020

Kindness Rocks in the Woods

The girls and I wanted a little change of scene this afternoon . . .


. . . so we went for a walk in the woods.


In addition to natural wonders like this lady's slipper orchid . . . 


. . . we noticed some colorful rocks that people had painted and left along the trail for other people to find.  Joy and Anna informed me that they were "kindness rocks," and we were supposed to pick them up and place them somewhere else where people will see them and be cheered up.


Some of the rocks were beautiful . . .


. . . and others were kind of funny.  Either way, it was fun to spot them, then carry them to someplace further along the path.


As we neared the end of the trail, all of the sights and smells of the forest reminded me of the hikes my Dad used to take us on in California.  Suddenly, I spotted this smiling rock beside the path.  Guess whose name was on the back of it.


I love you too, Dad. :)

No comments: