Monday, July 15, 2019

NY Road Trip Day 1: Books and Wishes

Who's ready for a road trip?!?


Our family took off for New York State this morning.  I'm so glad I married a man who likes to drive, because I'd rather sit in the passenger seat and enjoy the scenery.


The kids played with their squishmallows . . .


. . . and read books or played with quiet games.  I hope Todd has learned to like chapter books by the time we go on our next road trip, because he went through our bag of car activities much faster than I hoped he would.


When we reached our first hotel, he was really happy to get out of the car.  We ate dinner at a hip little sandwich place (I loved my goat cheese and chutney sandwich--most of the other Hendricksons went with fried chicken) . . .


. . . then we strolled down the street and found this fun little fountain.  The kids tossed in pennies to make wishes.  Anna wanted to tell me her wish, but Joy said part of the game is that you aren't supposed to tell.


Back at the hotel, the kids discovered that a closet makes an excellent changing room when the bathroom is occupied.


Good night!

No comments: