Tuesday, July 16, 2019

New York Road Trip Day 2: Glass and a Pageant

Our first stop on our New York State road trip was the Corning Museum of Glass.


The gift shop on the first floor was a fascinating attraction in its own right, but I'm glad we didn't stop there.


The live glassmaking demos were really interesting . . .


. . . I loved these giant, glowing glass "raindrops" . . .


. . . and Engineer Daddy really liked the technology and fiber optics section.


Our other destination today (and the event that inspired this whole trip) was the Hill Cumorah Pageant.  This spectacular dramatization of Book of Mormon stories has been presented every year since 1937, but it will come to an end next summer, and we wanted to see it while we had the chance.


I didn't take many pictures during the performance, mainly because I wanted to enjoy the show.  It was an impressive production with an enormous cast, and it showed how the abstract principles of Christ's Gospel played out in real people's lives.  It was fun to watch for an hour, but it also inspired me to be a better person when I get home.

No comments: