Sunday, June 30, 2019

Thank You, Sweetheart!

As the mother of four children, I have a busy life, and there just isn't much I can delegate to other people.  When my husband asks how he can ease my load, I can rarely think of anything because most things on my long to-do list happen while he's at work.  Recently, though, I thought of something he could do that I would really, really appreciate.


I asked him to fix lunch on Sundays.  For some reason, I don't mind spending an hour cooking dinner, but I hate spending fifteen minutes planning and fixing lunch.  On the Day of Rest, it would be so nice to come home from church and just . . . rest, instead of scrambling to put food on the table for six hungry people.  So Phillip agreed to start fixing lunch on Sundays, and my Sabbath just became a whole lot more restful.  Thank you, Sweetheart.  I love you too.

P. S. You look handsome in your denim apron. ;)

No comments: