Friday, June 14, 2019

Letting Go of Things

I helped the kids declutter their rooms today.  Each of them let go of some things they had been fond of but don't use anymore, and they asked me to take pictures of them before we stored, donated, or discarded those things.


Daniel's favorite shirt is too small, so we put it in storage for Todd to use in a few years.  Daniel says his favorite part about the shirt was that it had a zipper.


Joy and Anna both let go of school ceramic projects that they put a lot of effort into, but which didn't stay in one piece for very long.  Anna's project was a kangaroo.  Joy's was a "living" teacup that had four legs and its own hand-drawn comic.


Todd loved wearing these snow boots all winter, possibly because they were so easy for him to put on.  They will be too small next winter, though, so we are donating them tomorrow.  I actually had a harder time letting them go than Todd did because they are so cute.  Plus, Todd's name means "fox," and I thought it was fun that my "fox pup" had adorable fox boots.

Oh well.  As I often tell my kids, "It was fun, and now it's done."  Time to let go of old clutter so we can focus on the things we actually use and love.

No comments: