Saturday, October 30, 2010

May The Treats Be With You

It's Trunk-or-Treat time again, folks!

This year Phillip and I were a Jedi knight and Princess Leia, and the kids were a puppy and a bumblebee. Perhaps I should call them Fluffy Skywalker and Darth Bumble, to be consistent with the Star Wars theme.

Incidentally, I was pleasantly surprised by the number of people who identified my costume as Leia. My dress differed from hers in many ways, and I didn't even have the cinnamon bun hairstyle, somehow the belt I made out of posterboard and foil allowed people to identify me instantly. Funny--they probably never took a close look at Leia's belt in their lives (I sure didn't until I tried to replicate it), but somehow they just knew who it belonged to. If you've already read about this on my bluestocking blog I'm sorry to bore you, but it really did make my night.

Ahem--now back to the pictures.

The game area had some amazing decor.

Joy had fun pumpkin bowling. She had long since discarded her doggy ears, but she still had the stuffed-sock tail on. :)

Here the young padawan receives bowling instruction from the Jedi master. Use the Force, Daniel.

Joy went fishing and caught something tasty.

Happy Halloween!

1 comment:

Jill Walker said...

Cute costumes and I think you did great on your outfit. I too knew exactly who you where before I read the post. Looks like you had a great time.