Sunday, October 3, 2010

Conference = Coloring and Cuddles

I love General Conference weekend for so many reasons. I love the good counsel and inspiring messages from modern prophets and apostles. I love the feeling of belonging to something so big and yet so personal. I love sharing it all with family.

Everyone has staked out a comfortable seat and is ready to take notes. G-pa and Gigi even have their Big Drink Cups close at hand. Note that everyone is alert and attentive for the Saturday morning session. During the Saturday afternoon session most of them were studying Lehi's dream (a mission euphemism for dozing off while studying the scriptures).

Joy spent most of Conference coloring in her new coloring book. Maybe we'll try playing Conference Bingo with her next year.

Daniel decided that Conference was a great opportunity to snuggle with Red Grandma . . .

. . . and Pink Grandma, too.

3 comments:

Serena said...

I haven't ever thought of watching it with alot of family that is a good idea.

nathan n rachel said...

Did your parents get some new furniture for the Mt. home? I don't remember those couches.

Kimberly Bluestocking said...

Nope - those are the originals. When Mom and Dad were selecting furniture for the cabin, I lobbied hard for leather couches because they're so comfy. I have fond memories of the leather couches in our old Institute building's lobby. :)