Saturday, September 25, 2010

Wake Cool

I have successfully wakeboarded exactly once in my life (and water skied exactly never, despite lots of attempts). I've wanted to try again all summer, and this weekend at the lake the stars finally aligned. The water was comfortable and not choppy at all, so in I went. And don't think I was particularly brave for being the first person in the water--I just wanted to put the life vest on while it was still dry.

Before.

After.

I got up twice, and though it was nothing spectacular--I basically went in a straight line the whole time and focused on not falling (immediately)--it was still gratifying to get up.

Daniel: Great job, Mama. That was cool.

Mama: Thanks, Buddy, . . .

. . . I'm not as cool as Papa, though. :)

2 comments:

nathan n rachel said...

I've done wake boarding...I got up for about 10 seconds and failed miserably.

Serena said...

You look cool, I haven't got to try that yet it looks sooo fun.