Wednesday, September 22, 2010

Chalk Portraits

Joy asked to go outside and draw with sidewalk chalk this afternoon. As usual, this meant that she directed me what to draw.

First, she asked me to draw our family holding pumpkins, cuz after all, Halloween is just around the corner.

Next she drew the trail we hiked to Hidden Falls a few weeks ago, then she asked me to draw the dock where we caught a boat across the lake.

Last of all, she asked me to draw friends and family taking a hike together. She asked me to draw (from left to right): me, Aunt Laura, Pink Grandma, Joy, Sean, Heather, "Hola" and his friend*, Daniel, Daddy, Red Grandma, and Papa.

Personally, I think the leaves and rose petals were more picturesque than my "artwork," but Joy didn't seem to mind.


*"Hola" and his friend are the two Latinos who fix things in our apartment complex. Joy calls him Hola because that's what he says to her every time she sees him. She asked me to draw them brown because they get dirty at work.

1 comment:

aunt nancy said...

lollol about hola mom and i liked this blog post :) so happy sean and i were included.