Monday, September 27, 2010

Fun in the Hot, Hot Sun

We joined some friends at the beach today. It was a whopping 113 degrees outside, . . .

. . . and halfway from the car to the water Joy concluded that the sand was too hot for any sane person to walk on with flip flops. She asked me to carry her, but I told her I couldn't until I put Daniel and our bag down by our friends. So she decided to just wait for me to come back.

Joy also determined that the cool, refreshing ocean was kinda scary, so she stood and watched us play in it.

Daniel felt no such compunctions, . . .

. . . but both of them agreed that it was best to play in the sand in the shade.

Mama was just glad she could let the solar oven cook dinner.

2 comments:

Serena said...

Love that you were solar cooking on the beach lol

Kimberly Bluestocking said...

I should clarify that I started the solar cooker when we got home. We actually didn't get to stay at the beach very long - it was too hot and we were staring down the barrel of naptime.