Saturday, March 1, 2008

The Latest Dirt


I let Baby play in the sand at the playground today. And yes, she promptly shoved a fistful of it into her mouth. And yes, both mother and child survived the experience.

I noticed she only tried eating dirt once, though. Perhaps she decided it tasted terrible, and therefore made a better toy than a snack. I'm all in favor of kids with discriminating palates as long as that doesn't translate to "picky eater who refuses to eat anything Mom puts in front of them."

I just jinxed myself, didn't I?

5 comments:

Caitlin said...

Probably! Haha!

Lyndsey said...

Don't worry she will figure out it is no too tastey and soon she will start getting mad if it makes it in her mouth. It could take a while though. I thought Tommy was going to get a crazy disease before that happened but nope he was fine.

Nicole Shelby said...

Huzzah.
Good for you!

Serena said...

Love the Charlie Brown thing, what's his name again? Just wait till she starts making mud pies. haaha. Mud milkshakes, mud stew, sand casserole, and sand cookies. hahaha.

Kimberly Bluestocking said...

The cartoon's name is "Pigpen." :)