Sunday, November 5, 2023

Bird and Bush Nostalgia

The girls and I wanted to take a walk this afternoon . . .


. . . so we headed over to a trail with an easy, scenic loop we could stroll around.


On the way there, we saw a big flock of birds perched on these power lines.
I once mentioned to Anna that Red Grandma calls such avian gatherings "bird conference,"
and now Anna says, "Bird conference!" every time she sees a bunch of birds on a wire.


When we finished our hike and headed back to the parking lot, 
we noticed that someone had parked their Porsche several yards from our Odyssey.
Did they park so far away because they think a Porsche is too cool to be seen with a minivan,
or did they just want to be absolutely certain
that I wouldn't scratch their paint when I opened my door?


Whatever the reason, I couldn't help chuckling when I saw their bumper sticker.
Today's contentious political climate makes me miss Reagan too.

No comments: