Thursday, November 23, 2023

Bare Feet and a Boxwood Wreath

This has been a very busy Thanksgiving Day at our house.


The kids and I trimmed our front bushes . . .


. . . then I used some of the trimmings
to make a boxwood wreath for our kitchen.


Daddy and Daniel practiced their epic Christmas duet . . .


. . . then Daddy took Todd (and later Anna) for a motorcycle ride.


Joy worked on some homework out on the deck.
Warm jacket--check. 
Beanie--check.
Hot cocoa--check.
Shoes--umm . . . it's Joy.  Don't expect shoes.
Seriously, just don't.


As I was finishing up Thanksgiving dinner in the kitchen,
the kids played a fun game called "Drawful" . . .


. . . then we finally gathered for our family feast.
I don't think I'll ever attempt yard work on Thanksgiving again
(pruning always takes longer than I think it will, and I'm exhausted),
but aside from that it's been a really fun day,
and we have a lot to be thankful for!

No comments: