Wednesday, December 21, 2022

Ornaments and Pistachios

A few nights ago . . .


. . . I got tired of having a wonky-looking tree
with dozens of round bulbs still waiting to be switched out,
so I decided that I was going to finish the job
or die trying!


The effort kept me up until around 1am,
but I'm happy to report that I survived the attempt!
Our tree is now round-bulb free . . .


. . . and ready to be decorated!
It's always fun to look through the ornaments we've collected over the years . . .


. . . and run across old favorites . . .


. . . then look for the perfect place to put them on our tree.


On Tree Trimming Night, I like to set out some nuts to crack,
along with our little collection of nutcrackers.
This year I included a bowl of pistachios,
because some members of our family like them even better than the traditional mixed nuts,
and you can munch them without waiting for a turn with a nutcracker. :)

No comments: