Friday, December 23, 2022

Flying with Numbers

The big day is finally here!


Our family drove to the airport this morning 
for our much-anticipated Christmas trip to California.


After COVID cancelled the last trip we planned,
I was so worried that illness or bad weather would disappoint us again.
As I looked at all of the flights that had been cancelled by a multi-state snowstorm today, 
I felt deep sympathy for those would-be travelers . . .


. . . but also gratitude that we were only getting rain in our area.


The kids had fun playing with their squishmallows while we waited to board our plane . . .


. . . but they got pretty bored on the actual five-hour flight.


Fortunately for Todd, he could look at lots of interesting info about our plane's progress.
Unfortunately for me, he wanted to tell me every time one of those numbers changed.
After fifteen or twenty updates about our altitude and arrival time,
I asked him to just enjoy all of that fun data in his head.
He seemed cool with that.

No comments: