Wednesday, December 14, 2022

Bowser and the Bulbs

While I mostly complied with Joy's request for birthday experiences instead of gifts . . .


. . . I couldn't resist getting her some balloons . . .


. . . and a little birthday present.


Her favorite Mario Kart character is Bowser,
so I bought her this Christmas ornament.


Lord Bowser currently reigns supreme on our artificial Christmas tree,
with no other ornaments to contest his authority.
Daddy and I like the greenery on our new tree, but I don't like the spherical lights . . .


. . . so we decided to swap them for lights of a different shape before we decorate the tree.
All six Hendricksons worked for about an hour this afternoon,
and the kids were good sports about it . . .


. . . but we only managed to swap out a quarter of the bulbs 
before our fingers started to hurt and we called it quits for the day.
Who knew switching out 250 little bulbs could be so hard?
(Don't answer that.)

No comments: