Saturday, October 1, 2022

Hiding Pumpkins in Plain Sight

Who knows what month it is?


"Oh!  I know!  It's October!"


Today we went shopping for big pumpkins to carve in a few weeks . . .


. . . and little pumpkins that I'll hide around the house each night
for the kids to find in the morning.


As usual, Anna chose a white pumpkin
and Daniel chose a weird, warty gourd.
Not as usual, Todd chose a star-shaped gourd
and Joy chose an uncharacteristically normal orange pumpkin.


She also requested that I hide it in fairly obvious places this year
because she's swamped with work and school
and doesn't have the energy to hunt through the entire house each morning.
To everything there is a season, including tough hiding spots.


The other kids gave me no such stipulations,
so I can hide their little gourds anywhere I want
as we count down the days to Halloween!

No comments: