Wednesday, February 23, 2022

Standing Water Trail

 The weather was sunny and warmish today . . .


. . . so Daddy aired up our bike tires . . .


. . . then the kids and I took a pleasant ride (or scoot) around the neighborhood.


I also thought it would be a nice day for a hike.  Ever since slippery ice thwarted our attempt to hike Two Brother's Trail two years ago, I've wanted to go back and see what the last 98 percent of the trail is like.


The good news is that there wasn't any ice at the trail head.  The bad news is that there was a lot of mud.


I told the kids I at least wanted to keep going around the bend this time and see what was there.  We found a dry (though rather thorny) field . . .


. . . followed by another stretch of soggy trail.  And hey, do I see some ice up ahead?  Time to turn back!  Maybe we'll revisit this trail during a dry spell this summer.

No comments: