Monday, February 21, 2022

Candy Not Cheese

Massachusetts schools take a week off every February, so the kids will be home for the rest of this week.  When I asked them what activities they want to do during their winter break, one of their requests was to visit the Concord Cheese Shop where I bought interesting cheeses (and "Death Brie") for our family's first cheese board.


The kids were really excited to check out the store and select a new cheese or two . . .


. . . until we got to the door and discovered that they're closed on Mondays.


Hmm, what should we do now? (Says the weird red mannequin outside the lamp shop next door.)


Fortunately, the candy store a few doors down was open, so we decided to look for fun treats there instead.


It took the kids a while to decide what they wanted to buy.  After about 20 minutes, Joy still couldn't settle on anything so she told me to just pick out a few chocolates I thought she might like.  


I chose three for her, and these three for me.  We all shared nibbles of our treats when we got home, and I liked Joy's cookie butter bon bon better than any of the things I had carefully selected for myself.  Isn't that always the way?

No comments: