Tuesday, December 14, 2021

Stay Six Pies Apart

I've seen some interesting holiday decorations at our local stores lately.


Like this "Wish I Could Fly South" gingerbread house at Whole Foods . . .


. . . and its neighbor, the "Unabashed Advertising" gingerbread house.


I know the Spanish term for feet is "pies" (pronounced "pyes"), but since that's the only Spanish word on this Home Depot sign and it's holiday party season, I can't help thinking they're encouraging us to stay 6 pumpkin pies away from their employees.  You may not know how far 6 feet is, but it's pretty easy to imagine being 6 apple pies away from another human.


Over at the grocery store, I was amused to see that the Jim Carrey Grinch's agenda was included in the holiday decorations . . .
 

. . . especially since the florist section was selling cuddly Grinch cacti.  I was tempted to buy one when I realized it was actually a dragon fruit plant (cool!).  Then I learned that those plants can grow 20 feet tall.  Um, maybe not.

No comments: