Saturday, October 23, 2021

DIY Door Replacement

There are many things we love about our house, but the doors aren't on that list.  Most of our interior doors are hollow, flimsy, and their latching mechanisms are breaking.  Ask me about the time I was about to cook dinner, and the pantry door suddenly wouldn't open.  On second thought, don't ask about that.


Anyway, our friend Rob mentioned that he has put in a lot of doors over the years, and he'd love to help us replace ours.  We invited him over this morning to work on our bathroom door, and he and Daddy made great progress . . .


. . . until they went to hang the new door and realized we'd bought the wrong size.  Time to run to the store, 'cuz we can't exactly use that bathroom until the job is done!  (Also, see the printed hamster with a paper speech bubble on the pantry door?  That's covering a big hole one of the kids accidentally created a few months after we moved in.  Like I said, flimsy doors.)


After Phillip and I bought the right-size door, the dads went back to work . . .


. . . while I took the kids to buy Halloween pumpkins . . .


. . . and then they played a Bomberman game with a kick ball out front.


Here's our new door, ready and waiting for the painters who are coming to paint our kitchen next month!  The kids are horrified that I want all the doors and trim to be white, but I love the new door's white trim so much more than the brown trim of its next door neighbor.  I'm really looking forward to giving our kitchen and hall a makeover!

No comments: